One of the most important skills a nurse needs is clinical judgment. This is a skill that can be learned. Reflect on your own ability to critically think and the reading for this module.
When see yourself as a nurse and giving care, discuss what qualities and behaviors you possess that make you a person that would have good clinical judgment. What three strategies can you use to develop better clinical judgment? As a nurse, what areas of the nursing process do you think might be more challenging to you given the critical thinking and clinical judgment skills you have now?
1. Absolutely right making clinical judgement is one of the most important skills a nurse should have . Being a nurse and providing patient care needs good clinical judgement skills . The qualities and behaviours possessed by me to make a good clinical judgement are :-
– prioritising the patient needs
– giving importance to everyone’s opinion
– knowledgeable ,confident and fair-minded
– differentiating between right and wrong
– following ethical principles
2. Three strategies used by me to develop better clinical judgement are :-
– analysing the issue
– applying standards and use of knowledge
– information seeking and logical reasoning
3. The area of the nursing process that are challenging for clinical judgement and critical thinking skills are :-
– planning phase =in planning phase involving patient in planning care is a big task for me to make it more effective .
– evaluation phase = in evaluation phase the main challenge is evaluating the care , because some patients after getting well does not allow to evaluate the progress status of disease .