Outline, in a paper, the main points that a therapist might cover in a counseling session to help each individual for each scenario. Your paper should be 700 to 1,050 words in length.
- Anna, an adolescent girl, is very much in love with her boyfriend who is 3 years older than she. He is putting a lot of pressure on her to have sex. At the same time, she is anxious about her parentsâ€™ attitude towards her boyfriend. Her mother constantly warns her about dating an older boy and assumes that he intends to take advantage of her.
- In your paper, be sure that the therapist coaches Anna on the sexual decision-making process, including addressing her feelings and recommendations related to her motherâ€™s anxiety.
- Tom and Susan are an elderly couple. Tom has been retired for several years, and Susan is more recently retired. She has shown a renewed interest in sexual activity. Tom has not reciprocated Susanâ€™s interest as he is anxious about his sexual ability at this age.
- In your paper, be sure that the therapist addresses the physical and psychological changes that affect sexuality at this point in Tom and Susanâ€™s life.
- Bill has been paralyzed from the waist down since he was a child. He is involved in a romantic relationship and wishes to be intimate with his partner but is unsure how to express his interest. Bill becomes very nervous and uncomfortable when talking about this subject.
- In your paper, be sure that the therapist addresses Billâ€™s feelings and offers him information on sexuality and his disability.