1. 6-8 minute extemporaneous speech to convince or actuate. The policy issue must be significant, controversial and debatable.
2. Include a minimum of 5 research sources in a Works Cited page (MLA style) or Reference page (APA style). Cite research sources IN your speech.
3. Use presentation aids and language to enhance persuasion.
4. Use an appropriate speech design for your persuasive goals: problem-solution, need-plan, causal, pro-con-assessment, or motivated sequence.
5. Turn in a formal, typed outline on your speaking day.