Write and essay of 200 words answering the following questions
1. How much would you change your ethical values or standards or your view of
social responsibility in order to fit into a company? What if you were sent on
assignment to another country where the national standards seemed to differ
both from the corporate ones and from your personal standards? How much
would you change?
2. Which of the basic approaches to ethical decision-making most closely matches
your approach for dealing with ethical dilemmas?
3. Is it wise for a government to try to legislate ethics through laws such as the
4. What is the ethical climate like in your school? What is your schoolâ€™s policy or
honor code concerning cheating? What is your ethical responsibility if you see
5. Would you be willing to be a whistle blower? On what type of issue would you
blow the whistle? Inflated overtime submitted on a government contract? Sexual
harassment? What organizational and personal factors would you consider?
6. Consider the following scenario: A sales representative from a textbook
publisher calls on your professor to try to get him or her to adopt a new textbook.
Is it okay for the professor to accept a free lunch from a publisherâ€™s sales
representative? If it is okay for a professor to accept a free lunch, what about a
free game of golf? What about a free set of golf clubs after the game?