CIS-502 case study1
Case Study 1: Advanced Persistent Threats Against RSA Tokens
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
Authentication breach by impersonation or password crack has been popular for attackers to breach our assets. The latest RSA APT attack to breach one of the most secure RSA tokens alerted the industry and reminded all of us that there is no security that can last forever. We must remain vigilant and stay ahead of the game. Read the following document titled, â€œAPT Summit Findingsâ€, as well as the document titled â€œRSA Security Briefâ€.
Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) Summit Findings article as well as the RSA Security Brief article and identify the vulnerabilities that existed in the system.
- Analyze the attack methods carried out in pursuit of the authentication breach and explain which methods were successful and why.
- Suggest three (3) techniques or methods to protect against APT attacks in the future as the CSO for a large organization.
- Determine what types of technologies would help alleviate the problems identified in the articles assuming you are the CSO or CTO in an organization.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe the industry requirements and organizational challenges of forming a sound information security workforce from a management perspective.
- Define common and emerging security issues and management responsibilities.
- Analyze the methods of managing, controlling, and mitigating security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Explain access control methods and attacks.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security management.
- Write clearly and concisely about the theories of security management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.