A Global Leadership Agenda and Theory
This assessment enables you to demonstrate your mastery of the following course competencies:
- Analyze relevant global leadership concerns for the future.
- Analyze emerging leadership theories that are appropriate for a global agenda.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
This assignment provides an opportunity for you to analyze relevant leadership concerns for an increasingly global future and commit to an emerging leadership theory that is appropriate to guide enactment of your leadership agenda. Be aware that Gardner’s five minds is not a theory but a model. Emerging theories include relational leadership, Theory U, contingency theory, and path-goal theory.
What you create in this assignment is the starting point for the Leadership Development Plan, which is due in Unit 5. Remember that the plan is about you, your career, your organization, and your industry. If your company or industry is local or national only, think of how it might impact or be impacted by the global environment. The work you completed in the discussions in Units 1 and 2 should have prepared you to write this assignment. ATTACHED WORK DONE IN DISCUSSION 1 and 2
In this paper, complete the following:
- Provide context by defining the shaping and driving forces that impact the development of your new leadership agenda. This should include your awareness of the global impact of your company or your chosen field and its welcoming of a global diversity of ideas and leadership. It should also include what “minds” you most need to develop.
- Think about how your agenda compares to the predominant leadership model in your field. Examples of contemporary leadership agendas might include “might makes right,” “Americans know better,” and “partnering makes a better product.” Evaluate the strength of your own agenda in comparison to other possible agendas. Provide the rationale for one of the emerging leadership theories as a guide for your leadership agenda.
The completed paper should be 4â€“5 pages (excluding cover and reference pages). You also need to utilize citations and reference from a minimum of four credible sources. MUST HAVE 4 or MORE Sources.
Refer to the scoring guide prior to submission to ensure you meet all evaluation criteria.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of four resources.
- Length: 4â€“5 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.